We try to ensure that no-one is denied access to study at Lakes College.
We are committed to taking positive steps to provide a supportive environment for all learner. We aim to support all learners in line with the Disability Discrimination Act. We believe that no-one should be denied access to study. We provide support by:
- Ensuring programmes are available at different levels
- Providing workshops and tutorials to help every student to develop essential skills (e.g. reading, writing, using numbers, study skills.)
We also provide additional learning support (ALS) to students whose success may be affected by a learning difficulty or disability. We can provide:
- Curriculum support inside or outside the classroom
- Mobility and personal care support
- Specialist equipment
- Adapted or modified learning materials
- Diagnostic assessments
- Examination concessions - e.g. extra time or special facilities
Anyone can request a confidential interview with a member of the learning support team. You can also ask for a confidential interview with an appropriate tutor. We usually aim to negotiate support with you before you start your course. More information is available from student services or a member of the learning support team.
Access for People with Disabilities
We aim to ensure that all our facilities are accessible to everyone. If you have difficulty accessing any part of the building, please let us know.